1 the interchange of sections between pairing homologous chromosomes during the prophase of meiosis [syn: crossing over]
2 a voter who is registered as a member of one political party but who votes in the primary of another party [syn: crossover voter]
3 the appropriation of a new style (especially in popular music) by combining elements of different genres in order to appeal to a wider audience; "a jazz-classical crossover album"
4 a path (often marked) where something (as a street or railroad) can be crossed to get from one side to the other [syn: crossing, crosswalk]
- A place where one thing crosses over another.
- The means by which the crossing is made.
- (genetics) the result of the exchange of genetic material during meiosis.
- A blend of multiple styles of music, intended to appeal to a wider audience.
- An automobile that is a mix of two kinds of automobiles, i.e. the Pontiac Torrent.
- A pair of switches and a short, diagonal length of track which together connect two parallel tracks and allow passage between them.
Crossover may refer to:
- Fictional crossover, a storyline shared between two fictional universes, or involving characters from multiple universes
- Audio crossover, a type of electronic filter used to separate audio signals into frequency bands
- Crossover distortion, a type of distortion
- Crossover study, a type of clinical trial
- Ethernet crossover cable, an Ethernet cable in which the transmit and receive pairs are swapped at one end
- CrossOver, a commercial Windows compatibility layer developed by CodeWeavers
- Crossover (music), music that has commercial success with audiences beyond that of its particular genre
- Crossover thrash
- Crossover (band), a New York–based electroclash music group
- 105.1 Crossover, a music FM station owned and operated by Mareco Broadcasting Network, Inc. in the Philippines
- Crossover (Yoshinori Sunahara album)
- Crossover (2005 album), an album by Japanese artist Hitomi Shimatani
- "Crossover", a song on the 1992 album Business Never Personal by EPMD
- Cross Over (Manga), a Japanese basketball manga.
- Crossover (automobile) - crossover sport utility vehicle (SUV) or (CUV)
crossover in German: Crossover
crossover in Spanish: Crossover
crossover in French: Crossover
crossover in Korean: Crossover
crossover in Italian: Crossover
crossover in Dutch: Cross-over
crossover in Japanese: クロスオーバー
crossover in Polish: Crossover
crossover in Portuguese: Crossover
crossover in Russian: Кроссовер
crossover in Turkish: Crossover